Keep Food Safe from Bacteria
The Fight BAC!® campaign, developed in conjunction with the President's
National Food Safety Initiative, is a far-reaching, ambitious and
consumer-friendly public education campaign focused on safe food handling. Our
goal is to educate consumers on four simple steps they can take to fight
foodborne bacteria and reduce their risk of foodborne illness.
Visit the Fight
Learn why Thermy™ says, "It's Safe to Bite When the Temperature is Right!"
The Thermy™campaign is a national consumer education
initiative developed by the Food Safety and Inspection Service
(FSIS) of the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA).
This national consumer education campaign is designed to promote food
thermometer use. Supporting the Fight BAC!® message of "cook," this
campaign is based on studies showing significant risk for foodborne illness when
color is used to judge when food has been cooked to a safe temperature.
the Thermy™ Website
Please visit these NCFSS partner links to learn more about food safety and
on-going coalition partner efforts!
- DASH Food SafetyCenters for Disease Control and Prevention
- Clean Hands Saves Lives!Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Division of Adolescent and School HealthCenters for Disease Control and Prevention
CDC's Division of Adolescent and School Health (DASH) seeks to prevent the most serious health risk behaviors among children, adolescents and young adults.
- Food Safety PageCenters for Disease Control and Prevention
- Food Safety and SanitationChild Nutrition Unit Arkansas Department of Education
- Clean Hands CoalitionClean Hands Coalition
The Clean Hands Coalition is a unified alliance of public and private partners working together to create and support coordinated, sustained initiatives to significantly improve health and save lives through clean hands.
- Student BodyFamily, Career and Community Leaders of America, Inc.
- Assuring the Safety of EGGS and Menu and Deli Items Made From Raw, Shell EggsFood and Drug Administration
- www.foodsafety.gov - Gateway to Government Food Safety InformationFoodsafety.gov
Provides detailed information and links on a wide range of food safety topics.
- Food Safety ProgramsNational Environmental Health Association
Provides information on the Epi-Ready Team Training and on NEHA's involvement with the Food-Safe Schools program.
- Safe Tables Our PrioritySafe Tables Our Priority
Safe Tables Our Priority (S.T.O.P..) is a non-profit grassroots organization devoted to victim assistance, public education, and policy advocacy for safe food and public health. S.T.O.P.'s mission is to prevent unnecessary illness and loss of life from pathogenic foodborne illness.
- Food Safety PageSchool Nutrition Association
The School Nutrition Association (formerly American School Food Service Association) is a national, nonprofit professional organization representing more than 55,000 members who provide high-quality, low-cost meals to students across the country. The Association works to ensure all children have access to healthful school meals and nutrition education.
- Food SafetyUSDA Food and Nutrition Service
The Food and Nutrition Service (FNS), formerly known as the Food and Consumer Service, administers the nutrition assistance programs of the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The mission of FNS is to provide children and needy families better access to food and a more healthful diet through its food assistance programs and comprehensive nutrition education efforts. FNS has elevated nutrition and nutrition education to a top priority in all its programs. In addition to providing access to nutritious food, FNS also works to empower program participants with knowledge of the link between diet and health.